Thursday, July 20, 2006

He Taught Me Lies

I initially learned about HTML by frequenting a message board I usually hang out on. And it was really only because I wanted to be able to post pictues, so I had to learn the code (< img src="picture url" >). Beyond posting pictues, bolding/italicizing text, and now making embedded links in text, I don't have much familiarity with HTML. The WYSIWYG editors we've been using to make webpages are pretty convenient for people like me, to be ignorant of source coding but still able to create webpages. I'm not entirely sure if the effect of keeping people relatively in the dark in regards to coding structures that editors like Dreamweaver, Nvu or FrontPage have is a negative or not (you can view the source code in all of these products, granted). Either way, I'm appreciative, if somewhat dependent on it for this type of task, of them.

And I have to give credit where credit is due- some friends of mine have a band that was the inspiration for the title of this post. You can find out more about them here.

1 Comments:

Blogger katedean said...

I don't mean to freak you out, but I was procrastinating by looking at everyone's html assignment, and I got an error code when I clicked on your URL. Sorry to be the messenger of bad news, but wanted you to hopefully have time to fix the link. Kathy Hoel

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home